Examination, Certification and Assessment Translation
Do you need to have your assessments, tests or exams translated and adapted into other languages?
Is the quality of the translation and adaptation important to you?
Comms Multilingual is your specialist partner for the translation and adaptation of psychometric assessments, tests, certifications and exams. We provide assessment translation solutions in both the clinical and non-clinical areas.
In the area of exams and certifications, we have experience in translating a wide variety of subject areas, including the following:
- Health and Safety
- Restaurant Hygiene
- Veterinary Science
- Food and Nutrition
- Retail, and many more.
Wealth of expertise
We have a wealth of experience in the translation and adaptation of all types of test, assessment and exam and we work for some of the leading names in this area.
You can therefore be sure that your projects will be handled by people who fully understand your requirements and subject matter.
The Comms Approach
The translation and adaptation of psychometric assessments, tests and exams is a very specialised area. The accuracy of the translation is vital and relevant local factors may have a bearing on the results. We handle the translation and adaptation of assessments, tests and exams in a variety of ways, depending on our clients’ requirements and their own expertise. We handle forward and back translations and we work with our clients’ reviewers or our own experts to produce the final versions. We would be happy to discuss your own particular process requirements with you. Our linguist teams are specially chosen for their experience in the translation and adaptation of such materials, with many of them having degrees in psychology or other relevant subject areas, as well as practical experience and translation qualifications.
Hints & Tips
Potential translation issues
If you are looking to translate your materials into other languages, there are many things that need to be taken into consideration, such as:
- Which items might need adaptation?
- Are there items that can’t really be localised or adapted?
- Are there acronyms or any jargon?
- Is there any reference to weights, measures or currency?
- Is the original language used very complex?
Hints & Tips
We offer assessment translation and adaptation services into and from more than 100 languages. We regularly carry out projects in the majority of European and Asian languages, as well as Arabic and the languages of Africa and the Indian sub-continent. In addition, we can provide regional variations of the languages, such as French Canadian for New Brunswick, Spanish for Argentina, to name but a few.
Assessment Translation Services
We are pleased to be able to offer you the following services:
- Translation into more than 100 different languages
- Localisation and adaptation
- Back translation from the target languages into the original source language
- I/O or clinical psychologist review
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) review
- Cognitive debriefing
- Normative data collection
- Subtitling or multilingual voice recording
Request a quotation
- Which type of material do you need to have translated (i.e. assessment, test, exam, reports, etc.)?
- Which language or languages do you need and for which locales?
- Do you require both forward and back translation?
- Do you need expert review, cognitive debriefing or normative data collection services?
- In which format will the text to be translated come to us (Word, Excel, HTML, PowerPoint, QuarkXpress, etc.)?
- In which format would you like it to be returned to you?
Please contact us and send the materials by email or FTP so that we can ascertain if there is anything else that we need to know in order to give you an accurate quotation.