So, who are Comms Multilingual? AKA “Never heard of them…”
Comms is a full service translation and localisation company specialising in complex, multi-language translation projects.
We’re based in Epsom (Surrey), which is about 30 minutes from central London by train on the way to Guildford (South West Trains, not just Southern, so don’t worry about constant strike action). We’ve been expanding gradually over the last few years and recently moved to new offices to support further expansion, as our client list keeps growing and the requests keep coming!
Our main business sectors are assessments, exams, certifications, training and development, as well as life sciences, marketing, telecommunications and information technology.
We’re the sort of company where you won’t be boxed in to one process all day – you’ll be responsible for projects from start to finish, working on quoting, project setup, quality assurance and maintaining client relationships.
Being a small company, we don’t offer all the perks like free childcare, healthcare, animal care, hot air balloon rides or gym membership, but there’s a gym just across the road and a Pets at Home below our office, so you still have options.
Current Vacancy: Translation Project Manager
We are currently looking for a full-time Project Manager with previous project management experience to join our team and handle customer projects and relationships. It is a great opportunity to gain additional knowledge and experience in the translation and localisation world and to further a career in the industry. We are seeking someone with around 2 years of translation project management experience as a minimum. If you haven’t any translation project management experience, then please take a look at our internship opportunity instead.
- Management of single language or multilingual projects from receipt of the order from the customer to final delivery.
- Liaison with suppliers and clients and managing these relationships.
- Editing of the original and translated texts.
- Some translation, as required.
- Production of reference documentation for projects, including glossaries and translation memories.
- Detailed quality checking of all documents, including typeset documents and web pages.
- Working within agreed project deadlines.
- Working with CAT tools (mainly memoQ and grudgingly SDL Trados Studio).
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
Skills and Experience Required
- A degree in Translation or Linguistics
- 2 years’ experience in translation project management
- Excellent organisational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task across a range of projects
- Good spoken and written knowledge of one or more languages other than the native language (ideally should have English as a native language. Other interesting languages are German, French, Russian and Chinese)
- Excellent command of English (if not native)
- Technical skills associated with translation technology
- Competitive, and dependent on experience
If you would like to be considered for the job, please fill in the short application form here, and we’ll be in touch.
For more information, please e-mail Sonia Sala, Operations Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)