Linguists and other Providers
Selective onboarding of new vendors
If we have not been in touch with you within a couple of months, unfortunately we will not be progressing your application at this stage, but you are welcome to apply again in the future.
Requirements for Freelance Translators
- Formal education in translation and/or interpreting (higher degree, recognised diploma or MA)
- A degree or substantial experience of working in a specialised field (e.g. psychology, education, IT, marketing, business, law, finance, telecommunications, etc.)
- At least three (ideally five) years’ documented translation experience
- Translation exclusively into your mother tongue(s)
- Evidence of following a continuing professional development programme
- The necessary technical equipment: computer, printer, e-mail, broadband, etc.
- At least two professional references
- Completion of a short translation test provided by Comms
- Acceptance of our NDA and Terms and Conditions
- Full availability online (e-mail, Skype, phone).
The following are considered of added value in your application process:
- Accreditation / membership of a professional translation body (e.g. ITI, IOL, ATA etc)
- Use of and familiarity with CAT tools
- ISO self-certification
While we tend to work with freelance translators, we also accept applications from translation agencies. When applying, please only initially tell us about one of your language combinations; we’ll ask about all the languages you work with at a later stage.