Linguists and other Providers
Selective onboarding of new vendors
We are only processing new applications if you work primarily in the fields/domains listed below and if your profile matches our current business requirements.
If we have not been in touch with you within a couple of months, unfortunately we will not be progressing your application at this stage, but you are welcome to apply again in the future.
Please read through our minimum requirements, and if you fulfil them, we will take a look at your initial application and contact you if we are interested in continuing your application.
Requirements for Freelance Translators
- Formal education in translation and/or interpreting (higher degree, recognised diploma or MA)
- A degree or substantial experience of working in a specialised field (e.g. psychology, education, IT, marketing, business, law, finance, telecommunications, etc.)
- At least three (ideally five) years’ documented translation experience
- Translation exclusively into your mother tongue(s)
- Evidence of following a continuing professional development programme
- The necessary technical equipment: computer, printer, e-mail, broadband, etc.
- At least two professional references
- Completion of a short translation test provided by Comms
- Acceptance of our NDA and Terms and Conditions
- Full availability online (e-mail, Skype, phone).
The following are considered of added value in your application process:
- Accreditation / membership of a professional translation body (e.g. ITI, IOL, ATA etc)
- Use of and familiarity with CAT tools
- ISO self-certification
While we tend to work with freelance translators, we also accept applications from translation agencies. When applying, please only initially tell us about one of your language combinations; we’ll ask about all the languages you work with at a later stage.