Translation Project Manager
We would be seeking someone with around 2 years of translation project management experience as a minimum. If you haven’t any translation project management experience, then please take a look at our internship opportunity instead.
So, who are Comms Multilingual?
Comms Multilingual is a highly-specialised language services company, located in Epsom, Surrey, UK. We translate into and from over 100 languages, as well as provide a wide range of related services in specific subject areas. Our main areas of expertise are psychometrics, testing, exams and certifications.
We’re the sort of company where you won’t be boxed into one process all day – you’ll be responsible for projects from start to finish, working on quoting, project setup, quality assurance and maintaining client relationships.
Being a small company, we don’t offer hundreds of perks like free childcare, healthcare, animal care or gym membership, but there’s a gym just across the road and a Pets at Home below our office, so there are still options.
- Management of single language or multilingual projects from receipt of the order from the customer to final delivery.
- Liaison with suppliers and clients and managing these relationships.
- Editing of the original and translated texts.
- Some translation, as required.
- Production of reference documentation for projects, including glossaries and translation memories.
- Detailed quality checking of all documents, including typeset documents and web pages.
- Working within agreed project deadlines.
- Working with CAT tools (mainly memoQ and grudgingly SDL Trados Studio).
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
Skills and Experience Required
- A degree in Translation or Linguistics
- 2 years’ experience in translation project management
- Excellent organisational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task across a range of projects
- Good spoken and written knowledge of one or more languages other than the native language (ideally should have English as a native language. Other interesting languages are German, French, Russian and Chinese)
- Excellent command of English (if not native)
- Technical skills associated with translation technology
- Competitive, and dependent on experience
If you would like to be considered for any future vacancies, please fill in the short application form here, and we’ll be in touch. For more information, please e-mail Sonia Sala, Operations Director (email@example.com)